Stahl- und Apparatebau Hans Leffer GmbH & Co.KG
Im Tierbachtal 28
2. Data protection officer
We have designated a data protection officer who may be reached at the above address.
3. Personal data
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). This includes, in particular, name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
4. Collection and use of your data and purposes of processing
When you visit our website and depending on how you use certain content and services offered on it, personal data may be collected and processed for the purposes described below.
4.1 .Use of our website for informational purposes
When you use our website for purely informational purposes, i.e., when you don’t otherwise transfer information to us (see 4.2), the only personal data we collect are those which are transmitted by your browser to our server (legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) GDPR) such as:
- date and time of website access;
- time zone offset from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- your browser type;
- your browser settings, your IP address (stored only for the duration of your visit);
- operating system and interface;
- HTTP status code;
- transferred data volume;
- the pages you visited;
- the URL of the web page from which you visited our website by clicking on a link (referrer).
This information is collected in part with the aid of cookies (see 5.) for the following purposes:
- making our website and its features available to you;
- improving the presentation and functionality of our website;
- preventing and investigating misuse and errors or malfunctions;
- statistical analyses.
4.2. Use of our contact data/contact form
You can contact us directly via the contact form provided on our website and the e-mail address, e.g. for business enquiries or for sending applications. By sending the message you consent to the processing of the transmitted personal data. We collect, process and use the personal data (including e-mail address) and information provided by you for the following purposes:
- complying with the terms and conditions of use for the Leffer website and all rights and duties contained therein;
- tailoring our website and its content to your needs;
- communicating with you by sending technical information, updates, security information, support and administration notifications, responding to your questions and enquiries;
- processing job applications.
This is carried out on the basis of freely given consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (a) GDPR. The personal data collected for purposes of using the contact form will be erased as soon as the enquiry has been handled and there is no longer any reason to store the information (such as a subsequent order).
Where necessary to handle your enquiries, your personal data will be forwarded to external IT service providers.
4.3 Downloading brochures
We also have company brochures available for download on our website, for which we process the data specified in section 4.1.
Information created in connection with the specific terminal device used is stored in the cookie, but it does not allow us to directly identify you personally.
For one thing, cookies are used to improve your online experience with us.
We use co-called session cookies for this. Session cookies store a so-called session ID that allows various requests from your browser to be assigned to a common session. This allows us to recognise your computer when you re-visit our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your terminal device for a specified period of time to optimise user-friendliness. When you re-visit our site to use our services, it will automatically recognise that you had visited our website once before and will remember your settings and preferences so that you do not have to re-enter them.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser to block cookies on your computer or to be notified before a new cookie is set. But if cookies are completely disabled, this could prevent you from being able to use the full functionality of our website.
You can also delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
6. Analytical tools
The legal basis for using the Google analytics tool is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) GDPR. Leffer has a legitimate interest in customising its website to meet the requirements of users or to use the data in pseudonymised form for the purposes of optimisation and marketing.
By clicking the link you may object to the collection and processing of data by Google Analytics’s tracking technology at any time with effect for the future.
You may also lodge your objection informally by telephone, by e-mail, by fax or to our postal address (see 10.).
7. Transfer of data to third parties
Apart from the transfer of personal data to third parties addressed under 4.2, we will only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given us your express consent to do so in accordance with Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (a) GDPR; or
- the transfer is necessary under Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there are no reasons to consider that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not having your data transferred;
- a statutory obligation for the transfer exists under Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (c) GDPR; or
- the transfer is lawful and necessary for performing contracts to which you are party under Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (b) GDPR.
8. Erasure of personal data
In general, we erase personal data as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were originally collected or processed. If processing is carried out on the basis of your consent and you revoke this, we will erase your personal data without undue delay thereafter, unless we are required by law to store the data. If and to the extent that your data is subject to retention requirements under tax or commercial law or other statutory retention requirements, we store this data for the duration of the relevant retention period.
9. Rights of data subjects
Data subjects have the right
- to request information about the personal data we process, specifically the purposes of processing, the recipients, the intended duration of storage (Article 15 GDPR);
- to request without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data stored by us or to have incomplete personal data completed (Article 16 GDPR);
- to request the erasure of the personal data stored by us, provided that the processing is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for purposes in the public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Article 17 GDPR);
- to request restriction of processing of personal data to the extent that the accuracy of the data is contested by the data subject, the processing is unlawful but the data subject opposes the erasure thereof and we no longer require the data (Article 18 GDPR);
- to receive the personal data they have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transmit those data to another controller (Article 20 GDPR);
- to lodge a complaint with the competent data supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR).
10. Right to object
11. Revocation of your consent
You may revoke your consent at any time, in whole or in part, with future effect. You may also revoke your consent informally by telephone, by e-mail, by fax or to our postal address. Your revocation will not affect the lawfulness of the data processing carried out on the basis of your consent until such time as the revocation is received. Once your revocation is received, the data processing that was carried out solely on the basis of your consent will be discontinued.
12. Data security
Any data that you transmit to us will be stored on servers within the European Union. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, therefore we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our website via the Internet. However, we have technical and organisational measures in place to secure our website and other systems and protect your data from loss, destruction or unauthorised access, modification or distribution. In particular, your data will be transmitted to us in encrypted form.
Our website uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Whether a given page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.